myAlerts electronically notifies subscribed health care providers when their patients are treated in hospital in-patient or emergency department settings.
myAlerts can help healthcare providers:
- Avoid unnecessary treatments through better patient care management
- Access timely Admission/Discharge alerts for quick and appropriate intervention
- Monitor chronically ill patients (ex. CHF, COPD) through notifications of emergency events
- Reduce cost of care associated with patients that are in the hospital versus recently discharged and back in a community setting
Alerts are offered for:
- In-patient Admit or Discharge
- In-patient Admit or Discharge Cancellation
- Emergency Department Admit or Discharge
- Emergency Department Admit or Discharge Cancellation
- Medication Adherence Alert (currently available for patients who use Kinney Drugs)
Incoming real-time information is analyzed electronically by HealtheConnections and automatically generates an alert to subscribing providers. Subscriptions can be customized in different ways, including consent-based, provider-based, and patient list, along with the capability to filter out hospitals.
Receive alerts conveniently through:
- Real-time Direct Mail
- Daily Digest Direct Mail
- SMS Text Message (alerts not containing PHI)
- On-demand through the myConnections portal
Users can receive alerts from hospitals and other sources throughout New York State. These messages are available via consent-based and patient list alerting.