Health Information Exchange
Here are some commonly asked questions about how to use health information exchange services and navigate your HealtheConnections account.
Can't find what you're looking for? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the required steps below to be set up as a new health information exchange user. If you need additional help, or have any questions, our knowledgeable support team can help; 315-671-2241 x5, email@example.com.
- Fill out an Authorized User Form
- Attend a new user and consent management training. You can do this in a few ways:
For more information, see the guides below or check out our Documents and Forms Library.
On the myConnections log-in screen, underneath the purple “Sign In” button, you will see a “Reset password or unlock account” button. Click that and follow the prompts.
To change your security question, go to the myConnections home screen and click on "My Account" below your name in the top left corner. A drop-down menu will appear, and you'll find the "Change Security Question" option at the bottom. Click on it and follow the prompts to complete the process.
Upon logging into myConnections, select the Patient Lookup badge on the left.
Once in the application, you will be prompted to enter the patient’s information. For the search to return results, you must enter the search reason, the patient’s last name, and their date of birth. Then click "submit".
A patient's consent value determines whether or not their information can be accessed.
If you want to view consent values for patients who have selected a "no" or "emergency" consent option through the myConnections portal, simply follow these steps:
- Patients who have selected a "no" or "emergency" consent option will populate an additional button titled Unlock Protected Consent
- Click the Unlock Protected Consent button. A pop-up window will ask if you're certain you want to proceed; click "ok"
- If there is a "no" or "emergency" consent on file but it needs to be changed, you need to obtain the patient's updated consent form and send an encrypted, secure email to our Support Team; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Support Team will then review and confirm the consent form and submit the change
- If there is a Community-Wide Deny consent on file, it will state "This Patient Has Declined Access to Their Data", and this option cannot be changed
This is likely related to the screen resolution. All you have to do is simultaneously press the CTRL and minus sign buttons to zoom out of the screen.
Once you have accessed a patient record, you can configure the screen layout to your preference. Changing the layout will apply to all results for your user account going forward. Start by clicking the "configure layout" button on the left side to make changes.
Once you are in the Configure Layout screen, you can move clinical sections by dragging and dropping them to your preferred location. Click "submit" when you are done making changes to save the layout.
Direct Mail is a HIPAA-compliant closed system, and messages can only be sent to mail addresses within the Direct Mail Trust. HealtheConnections offers Direct Mail as a service that can easily be added to a user’s account. Please reach out to email@example.com if you are interested in this service.
Clinical admission and discharge notifications, otherwise known as myAlerts, can be customized to your preferences in-region and across New York State. Filter and subscribe to alerts by patient, hospital, or consent.
- ED admission, discharge, and cancellation
- In-patient admission, discharge, and cancellation
- Medication Adherence Alerting
- If someone has a prescription that they don't pick up, we can send an alert to the prescribing medical provider
- Statewide Alerting
- Receive alerts from hospitals and other sources throughout New York State
- myAlerts application in the myConnections portal
- Direct Mail secure messages within the myConnections portal
Get myAlerts by filling out this form and submitting to our Support Team.