Introducing the HIE Usage Dashboard
HealtheConnections’ participants have asked for an easier way to see health information exchange (HIE) usage within their organization. We’ve responded by rolling out the HIE Usage Dashboard.
The concept of the dashboard is quite simple and designed to be an intuitive tool for any user with the Patient Lookup and Audit Report services to view usage within their organization and:
- Track what services staff prefers
- Identify gaps in usage and training needs
- Understand correlations between service usage and productivity
The information has always been trackable, but it required the participant to request the report each time they wanted to view the data. Now, the tool is embedded directly into the myConnections portal and the information is accessible on-demand.
The product was launched on December 4th, and in its first week alone had 144 unique users access the tool across 87 organizations. The reports are multifunctional and include organization demographic information, patient consent information, user information, unique patient count access, and results delivery counts. If a user would prefer to export the information into a spreadsheet, it’s easily accomplished.
HIE usage has increased across all services each year, but with a significant jump noted throughout 2017. Since the beginning of 2018, a specialized focus has been placed on innovative services and new product rollouts in response to this growing need. The HIE Usage Dashboard joins a suite of enhancements including new alerting functionality, Transfer-to-PACs (TTP) imaging enhancements, Results Delivery expansion, a Community Referrals platform built into the HIE, and much more.
It’s critical for organizations to understand the workflow and needs of their users, and to help HealtheConnections provide quality support services and training. We’re partnering with our participants, and a key element in any partnership is transparency. We want them to see what’s going on in their organization, and the HIE Usage Dashboard is another tool that will help them do so.
HealtheConnections has 900 participating organizations, representing 1,214 clinical sites and 90% of the region’s providers. Of these sites, approximately 60% are clinical organizations, with the other 40% being community-based organizations or non-clinical healthcare services. To learn more about HealtheConnections and our services, visit us at healtheconnections.org.