Provider practices and clinics make up the largest portion of HealtheConnections participants. Both single-doctor and multiple-provider practices participate in the HIE, from primary care to pediatricians to specialists, and no matter the size or specialty, all benefit from each of the HIE services available.
- Better care coordination
- Value-based results to meet patient-centered goals
- Efficiency in everyday workflow
In one minute, learn how Jeffrey uses HealtheConnections to reduce the cost of healthcare in our community:
Effective, Efficient Communication between Hospitals, Primary Care, and Specialists is Crucial.
How can Patient Lookup, myAlerts, Direct Mail, and Results Delivery help?
Bobby is an 8-year-old boy who has had a high fever, nausea, and fatigue for 24 hours. At the local emergency department, the staff suspects he may have an infection. They prescribe antibiotics and suggest keeping him hydrated.
While waiting for discharge, Bobby’s mother receives a call from the pediatrician’s office scheduling a follow-up. After an evaluation the next day, his pediatrician orders a few additional tests to confirm an infection. The pediatrician then makes a referral for follow-up with his nephrologist.
Emergency Department personnel access Bobby’s comprehensive records through Patient Lookup, finding a history of kidney disease.
His pediatrician was notified via myAlerts that Bobby was admitted to the ED, and was able to schedule a follow-up immediately.
The referral coordinator at the office used Direct Mail to send visit notes and results to the nephrologist, avoiding additional calls or faxes.
For these types of healthcare providers, the HealtheConnections features most often used are:
- Patient Lookup
- Healthcare providers can view comprehensive electronic patient records that display medical history, laboratory results and radiology reports and tests
- Direct Mail
- Providers can discuss protected health information with doctors in other facilities with the Chat feature
- Referral packages can be sent for Meaningful Use Transition of Care using a HIPAA-compliant messaging system
- When a patient is admitted to or discharged from an inpatient facility, or if they have an emergency department registration, subscribed providers are notified of the event
- Results Access & Delivery
- Both images and clinical results are sent directly to a provider’s connected EHR system or through Direct Message to be viewed and stored, or are available through myResults
- Image Exchange
- Providers can view diagnostic-quality images within the HIE or their connected EHR
- Query-Based Exchange
- Healthcare providers can access state and federal systems and other external partners to view patient data