As a human services organization, it is essential that you have the right tools to provide both clinical and non-clinical services to the community. Your goals may include:
- Prevention and remediation of problems
- Addressing improved quality of direct services
- Improving accessibility, accountability, and coordination among professionals and agencies in service delivery
In one minute, learn how Leo uses HealtheConnections to make his job at a human services organization easier:
Providing Quality Care and Coordinating Care Is Critical.
How can Patient Lookup, and Direct Mail help?
Bridget is a 58-year-old with a number of uncontrolled health concerns, including COPD. Recently she was referred to a care coordinator following a series of ED visits and a week-long hospital admission.
The care manager was able to use Patient Lookup to review her history and help formulate a plan to get her the care she needed. Together, Bridget and her care coordinator determined that lack of transportation was preventing her from seeing a primary care doctor. The last time that she tried to walk to her appointment, she exacerbated her COPD and spent time in the hospital.
The care manager and primary care doctor used Patient Lookup to learn more about her and create a plan to help Bridget better manage her chronic conditions and address some of the obstacles she faced. The two were able to maintain regular communication through the use of Direct Mail.
The most common services used by human services organizations are:
- Patient Lookup
- Healthcare providers can view comprehensive electronic patient records that display medical history, laboratory results and radiology reports and tests
- Direct Mail
- Providers can discuss protected health information with doctors in other facilities with the Chat feature
- Referral packages can be sent for Meaningful Use Transition of Care using a HIPAA compliant messaging system
- When a patient is admitted to or discharged from an inpatient facility, or if they have an emergency department registration, subscribed providers are notified of the event
- Results Access & Delivery
- Both images and clinical results are sent directly to a provider’s connected EHR system or through Direct message to be viewed and stored, or are available through myResults
- Query-Based Exchange
- Healthcare providers can access state and federal systems and other external partners to view patient data