Behavioral / Mental Health Centers
Behavioral and mental health centers require secure means for communicating about their patients’ health information. HealtheConnections’ services give these patients and providers the added security to maintain privacy.
Providing Quality Care and Coordinating Care Is Critical.
How can myAlerts, Patient Lookup, and Direct Mail help?
Sarah is a 24-year-old with schizophrenia and high blood pressure. She receives Medicaid Health Home care management services to help her manage her conditions. When Sarah missed her regularly scheduled appointment with her care manager, they were able to check her medical records and discovered an Emergency Department admission from the night before. Sarah had gotten confused, wandered, and was accidentally hit by a car. She was brought in unconscious by ambulance, so the hospital was unable to get detailed health information from her. Her care manager visited the hospital and worked with the staff to appropriately treat Sarah and plan follow-up care. During the process, her psychiatrist at the local FQHC was kept in the loop.
Her care manager received notifications through myAlerts, and accessed the information she needed through Patient Lookup. This is critical to managing care of a high-risk patient.
The Emergency Department and hospital staff used Patient Lookup to learn more about her medications and prior medical treatments, because Sarah was unconscious and unaccompanied.
Sarah’s primary care doctor was notified of the incident via Direct Mail.
The most common services used by behavioral health centers are:
- Patient Lookup
- Healthcare providers can view comprehensive electronic patient records that display medical history, laboratory results and radiology reports and tests
- Direct Mail
- Providers can discuss protected health information with doctors in other facilities with the Chat feature
- Referral packages can be sent for Meaningful Use Transition of Care using a HIPAA-compliant messaging system
- When a patient is admitted to or discharged from an inpatient facility, or if they have an emergency department registration, subscribed providers are notified of the event
- Results Access & Delivery
- Both images and clinical results are sent directly to a provider’s connected EHR system or through Direct message to be viewed and stored, or are available through myResults
- Query-Based Exchange
- Healthcare providers can access state and federal systems and other external partners to view patient data