As trusted advisors in our 11-county region, the HealtheConnections team assists the provider community with health information technology (HIT) adoption and meaningful use services. For HIT adoption, our team provides education and outreach to raise awareness about the benefits and services we offer, engages the healthcare community to “get connected”, and helps navigate the electronic health records landscape. As a Regional Extension Center (REC) agent for New York State, HealtheConnections is authorized to guide you on meaningful use incentive programs. With our knowledge and experience, we can help you in the following ways:
Provider Outreach and Education
HealtheConnections’ Provider Engagement Specialists can help with the process for you to become part of the health information exchange community to access and view patient data from other healthcare providers.
- Engage healthcare organizations to become a HealtheConnections participant
- Train participants on HIE services
- Provide ongoing operational support for services
Health Information Exchange Connectivity
The HealtheConnections’ team can work with your EHR vendor to connect to the HIE to help achieve meaningful use. We also offer linkage to the Veterans Administration and NYS Immunization registry.
- Connecting EHRs to the HIE
- Access to state and federal gateways – to Veterans Administration, New York State Immunization Registry, and Statewide Patient Record Lookup
Electronic Health Records Consulting
HealtheConnections is a Regional Extension Center (REC) agent for NYS, working with healthcare professionals to share guidelines for effective strategies to select, implement, and use health information technology, along with required interoperability standards. We can connect you with others that have similar profiles and EHRs being used. Our experienced staff keeps up to date on incentive programs and can help determine your eligibility, keep you current on program requirements, and provide assistance in attaining your milestones.
- Provide guidance to interoperability standards
- Provide data on EHR usage by specialty, geographic location, facility type, etc. to assist decision-making
HealtheConnections offers guidance on how to navigate the Meaningful Use requirements as they apply to your specialty. Our experienced staff works with you to help successfully achieve the required measures for registration and subsequent attestations. We can provide you with guidance on what questions you need to ask your vendor to help best understand how your EHR collects and documents the required data as well as internal workflow questions pertaining to Meaningful Use.
We can help you achieve Meaningful Use
HealtheConnections has been a Regional Extension Center agent since 2011 and has assisted over 1000 providers with achieving MU Stage 1 attestation and continues to provide services for meaningful use and other incentive programs. Active incentive programs include:
- Eligible Provider 2 Expansion program (EP2)
- Data Exchange Incentive Program
Prior programs include:
- REC Meaningful Use program
- Medicaid Specialist Program
- HIE Incentive Program
- Heal 22 for Behavioral Health organizations