If you’re a technology professional who’s looking for a chance to expand your skill set, work with a highly experienced team, and give back to your community at the same time, this might be the job for you!
HealtheConnections, a respected national leader in providing health information exchange (HIE) services for 26 counties of NYS, is looking to add talented and driven contributors to our team. This role requires the skill set of a programmer analyst, who will assist in facilitating the movement of patient health information through our extensive interfaced network and the maintenance of supporting applications and tools, which support over 10,000 physicians at 1,500 different healthcare organizations throughout New York State providing great care to their patients.
We believe in a collaborative, team-based environment, and as a member of the team, you’ll notice quickly that no two days are ever the same. You’ll work with an exceptionally talented peer group, in supporting our systems and information flows, along with our participant partners and their IT systems.
HealtheConnections is looking for someone who can work independently in a collaborative, fast paced environment to implement solutions and services, through careful attention to standards and structure. Lastly and most importantly, is excited to join a performance oriented culture where mission and your contributions are valued and make a difference. If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
- Manage and implement the health information standards and structures with our participant partners; including hospitals, imaging centers, labs, physician practices, and community-based organizations.
- Integrate and maintain connectivity from external systems with the HIE
- Manage vendor relationships
- Collaborate with internal and external partners in support of project completion
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Competencies & Experience
- 4 year degree or higher in Information Management, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Healthcare Information or related field. Equivalent experience and certifications will also be considered.
- 1+ years’ experience with systems and data integration analysis
- Ability to work independently and consistently meet deadlines in the presence of competing priorities and complex situations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; ability to form and maintain positive relationships
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Writing skills sufficient to draft letters, memos and other professional correspondence.
- Ability to work comfortably with a diverse group of people internal and external to the organization
- Experience working within healthcare industry and working with healthcare data a plus
This position will report to our Syracuse office location. To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than Wednesday, September 30th to firstname.lastname@example.org