A key focus of HealtheConnections’ Population Health Improvement work is the identification, sharing, and promotion of evidence-based approaches to improving the region’s health. An evidence-based approach to a population health problem is one that has been proven effective by research.
For more information on evidence-based practices, see the links below:
- Database of Interventions from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Guide to Community Preventive Services: The Community Guide
- Proven Community Based Prevention Programs Report from the New York Academy of Medicine and Trust for America’s Health
- County Health Rankings: What Works for Health
- Health Care Innovations Exchange from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- National Prevention Council’s National Prevention Strategy
- Prevention Agenda Best Practices from the Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS)
HealtheConnections maintains collections of evidence-based practices, resources, and funding opportunities to assist health promotion efforts in the Central New York community. Visit our HealtheCNY website to explore the Promising Practices Database, All-CNY and County-Specific Resource Collections, 211 Resource Collection, and Funding Opportunity Database.