HealtheConnections partners with over 30 diagnostic centers, including hospital-based and independent regional radiology centers, that contribute imaging studies to the health information exchange. While the images come from a variety of radiology systems, HealtheConnections uses a universal viewer to display the different formats and no special equipment or software is needed. Users are able to view diagnostic-quality images such as x-rays, CTs, MRIs, mammograms, and more via myConnections portal.
Or, take delivery of reports and images through Results Delivery to an HIE-connected EHR or Direct Mail using Transfer-to-PACs, an innovative service that makes images available directly through the health information exchange portal.
HealtheConnections participants use the Image Exchange service to:
- View diagnostic-quality images easily and efficiently for comparative studies
- Eliminate the reliance on patients to bring required images to your office
- Reduce repeated patient visits due to incomplete records
- Reduce staff time spent faxing or mailing patient records or waiting to receive records
- View multiple images at once to compare side-by-side
- Transfer images to radiology systems
- Real-time session sharing for consultations, second opinions, and grand rounds